September 28, 2009

1...2...3...4...?

how many months do I want to wait for this? last Tuesday my little brother called and asked me out on a date for Friday. Cute right? considering that certain other people aren't asking me out in a time line I'm ok with and I've now spent quite a while thinking he was a good idea, saying yes to my brother seemed like a great idea. Friday rolled around and as usual, the emails were going. As with every previous weekend, what we were each doing for the weekend came up. Early on I used to get excited that by asking what my plans were maybe he'd ask me out but now I look at it as more of a topic of discussion. You can imagine my surprise when he said his plans had cancelled and he wanted to get a date and what was I up to? I thought for maybe a second about canceling on my brother but then decided not to, after all he had told his girlfriend he couldn't go out that night plus did I really want to be that accessible? I don't really like the games but at the same time the chase is good. We talked for quite awhile about how col it was my brother was taking me out. He thought that was great and was really excited about it.

So here it is Monday. He's being weird in email, again. He's being weird when I tell him about my weekend, (I ran into an old friend that I hadn't heard from in years) but yet, do I have any dates with him? No.

So the question is, how long do I want to keep him around for? I do have a few other options that I've been stringing along on the side that I could be a little more friendly with but I also suspect that once I explore other choices he will drop away and it seems like he's getting a little more forward with things so I'm not sure what I want to do. But then my alternate choices won't really let me string them along indefinitely either so there are choices to be made...

Worth waiting around for or not?

1 comment:

That Chick said...

i'm feeling that right now. got a few of the same ideas going through my head. when you figure it out let me know... hah. :/